I would to make mention of a significant act of generosity from two club members. The engine in the shed near the 2nd green died. Graham Cronin has donated a replacement diesel engine and Geoff Jenkin has offered to mount the new engine and restore the pump. Their support has saved the club many thousands of dollars.
I would also like to take the opportunity to sincerely thank a number people who have done a lot of volunteer work around the club. Apologies to anyone I may have missed. Every volunteer contribution helps in the continuous improvement around the club.
- Ian Rodgers – installed a grate over the drain near the 2nd green plus many other jobs around the course
- Meredith Johnson and Julie Azzopardi – audit and invoicing for tee board sponsors
- Phillipa Wooller – catering for all club and external events that raise much needed funds for the club. Extra help for Phillipa is always welcome.
- Paul Togni, John Krunic and sons, Andrew Guiney, Peter Frith, Ian Rodgers and Graeme Lucas for firewood collection.
- Mick Yanner – for gardening on the 9th tee
- Graeme Lucas -stocking the bar, banking, cutting firewood, cart hire and bookings, staffing the club house every Sunday and being the public face and “go to man” of our golf club!